Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome!



I should start by stating that above all, I am most interested in Modern and Contemporary Art. I have been thinking a lot about how I can work on a project that explores my enthusiasm for what has been going on recently in the art world, yet still connects to the past in some way.  After all, without an understanding or appreciation for what has happened previously, it is impossible to fully grasp the art that is being created today.  The world is rich in history and culture.
 I will be using this blog to research, investigate, and present my findings on how an assortment of modern artists have referred to Greek and Roman mythology, themes, and ideals in their pieces.
I would like to write entries about artists, their art, and the stories or themes they focus on in various pieces. I would also like to feature a selection of the art works I come across to give my blog an equally interesting visual aspect.
Greek and Roman Art History Gallery at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  (Photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/new-yorkled/)

No comments:

Post a Comment